Thursday, January 29, 2009

If accepted...

If accepted to this school or for this scholarship, what will you do to contribute postively to the insitutuion or community? What will you bring to the school or community that is valuable?

My contribution to the community would be the time I take to tutor any children who needs help in any subject, mainly math and english. From tutoring kids in the past, I learned that many kids need help on their math and english homework. My borther, for example, struggles with his mulitiplication and division, as well as my cousin who have troubles doing word problems. Although it takes time and patient to tutor kids, it feels great when the student accomplished his and her homework and gives a smile. English is also a major problem for many students who learn english as a second language. When kids come in to tutoring, they bring in their book reports, grammar work, etc. to do. and whenever I help these kids, they are glad to have my help. So by contributing my time off to work with kids who need help with any school subjects, it helps the community as whole because I am helping more and more students understand the subject and pass their class.

No comments:

Post a Comment