Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Issues I believe are significant to my generation:

The main issues that I believe are significant and importnat to my generation are: the economy, teen pregnancy, and entering into a good college. The economy is going into a crisis and we're losing money as a whole. By not solving this issue, it'll greatly affect my generation because that means it'll be harder to find jobs, less hours to work and make money, and more people are being laid off from work because of jobs closing due to the economy.

Teen pregnancy is also an issue that I think is important in my generation. Back then, preganancy was not so much of an issue because women mostly did domestic jobs such as: teachers, nurses, mothers, etc. They didn't have to worry about children being in the way of their work or their jobs or their school. However, in the present, women can do so much more. They can go to college, get a good job, and many wonderful things before settling down. Teen pregancy at an early age prevent the teenager to go to college, get a good job, etc. because the teen is a mother. A mother have the responsibility of feeding the kid, making money to help survive, and many other responsibilities. Therefore, teen pregnancy is an issue I am concern of my generation.

Last but not least, entering college is an issue that is important to me. When I was just in grade school, the word 'college' was already thrown around in my family. I was exposed to what entering into a good college really meant: a good education, a good job, and good money. Although I know that college is my goal after high school, it is not so for many high school drop outs and others who are not making it into college because of their low GPA. Many of these people don't realize the importance of getting into a college because they believe they cannot make it through high school. But what they don't know is that if they try and work hard in each of their class, they can go to a college no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment